Hit and run accidents can often leave victims with long-term health issues, hefty medical expenses, and expensive property damage. Sadly, serious hit and run crashes can cause debilitating injuries and can sometimes be fatal, causing surviving loved ones to suffer mentally, emotionally, and financially. This is why it is important to learn your rights to seek financial compensation from a licensed attorney who has experience working with hit and run accident cases such as yours. Having a good attorney on your side means your rights to pursue financial compensation can be legally protected.
At Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers, we offer no-cost, initial hit and run accident claim reviews to learn whether you may be eligible for compensation. Let our team of accomplished lawyers hear the details of your hit and run accident claim, so we can help you fight for justice and hold the at-fault party liable for your damages.
Below, we discuss the most important reasons why you should get a lawyer for a hit and run crash claim and the many benefits of having a licensed attorney on your side. Keep in mind that having legal representation could make a significant impact on the outcome of your claim and the amount of compensation you end up recovering.
Reasons Why You Need a Lawyer for a Hit and Run
While you are legally able to forgo seeking legal representation for a hit and run accident claim, victims who hire a lawyer to handle the case usually win bigger settlement awards in the end. The following is a list of some common reasons why you may need to hire an attorney for your hit and run crash claim:
- Knowing Your Rights – One major benefit to hiring an attorney for your hit and run accident claim, is the fact that he or she will know what your legal rights are to seek financial compensation. Since our firm has more than four decades of combined legal experience, we have handled more than 6,000 cases combined, which includes cases involving hit and run crashes. We have in-depth knowledge of local, state and federal laws, as well as referring to past cases, which may be able to help improve your chances of having a successful claim.
- Knowing the Statute of Limitations – If you were involved in a hit and run collision, it is important to know the correct statute of limitations regarding your claim. You only have a certain period of time to file your hit and run accident claim before it becomes invalidated. According to Florida law, most hit and run crash claims must be filed within two years from the date of the crash or when you discover your injuries. However, there are some instances when the statute of limitations may be extended or shortened, depending on the details of the situation. For example, if your hit and run claim was against a government worker or agency, you may be required to file much sooner than the two-year period. Once your lawyer reviews the details of your hit and run accident claim, he or she will be able to determine the correct statute of limitations for your claim.
- Investigating the Accident – Whether you or a loved one suffered an injury, property damage, or other financial losses as a result of a hit and run crash, having an experienced lawyer investigate the accident is highly recommended. A good attorney will know what details to look for and what steps to take to preserve evidence and build a strong case in your favor. For instance, if a nearby security or surveillance camera may have captured the hit and run crash on video as it occurred, your lawyer may be able to obtain a copy of the footage on your behalf. Not only will this help back your claim, but also a lawyer’s investigation may also help lead the police to find the fleeing driver, if they are having difficulty locating the suspect.
- Obtaining Documentation – In order to have a successful hit and run accident claim, it is up to you and your lawyer to present certain documentation to help prove your claim. For example, if you are having trouble obtaining a copy of the police report, your attorney may be able to retrieve it on your behalf. If you were injured in the crash, an experienced lawyer will know which types of medical documentation you will need to support your claim. Not having the proper documentation for your hit and run crash claim could cause insurers to delay, devalue, or deny your compensation demands.
- Negotiating With Insurers – After a hit and run accident, insurance adjusters may try to contact you with a quick, low-ball settlement offer for your claim. Be sure to avoid agreeing to anything or signing any documentation before discussing it with your lawyer first. Avoid providing too much information to insurance companies regarding the hit and run accident and your medical condition. Insurance companies could hold anything you say against the value of your claim. A dedicated lawyer will be able to accurately assess your damages and negotiate with insurers on your behalf, to help ensure you are pursuing the rightful amount of compensation you may legally deserve.
- Preparing Your Case for Trial – While most hit and run accident claims are usually settled before going to court, you may need to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party to fight for the proper amount of financial compensation you may deserve. While many law firms look to settle cases quickly without preparing for trial, at Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers, our team of legal professionals is always prepared to take the case to court and we never settle for less when we fight for the rights of our clients.
Let a Qualified Legal Professional Handle Your Claim
As you can see, there are many benefits to hiring a qualified legal professional to handle your hit and run accident claim. While there are many personal injury firms to choose from, it is important to choose one that has extensive legal experience and a reputable background.
The attorneys at Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers have more than 40 years of combined legal experience, while helping their clients recover over $100,000,000 in combined, successful settlements and verdicts.
Call our firm any day at any time, 24/7 at (561) 800-8000 or chat with an online representative to ask any questions you may have about your hit and run crash claim. You can also get the process started by filling out a free online form. There is no obligation to hire us for legal representation, and the information regarding your claim is kept completely confidential, so there is no risk in contacting us today.
Our compassionate attorneys understand the struggles accident victims and their families must endure after experiencing damages caused by a hit and run driver. This is why we aim to protect the rights of hit and run accident victims in the Pompano Beach area and throughout the state of Florida (by appointment only). Speak to a qualified lawyer at our firm so you can hold the at-fault driver accountable for your damages and pursue the full amount of financial compensation you may legally deserve.
Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers never settle for less when we fight for the legal rights of our clients.
Call (561) 800-8000 today to seek the funds you may need to make a full recovery.