There are certain criteria that must be met to win a slip and fall case. It is important to be prepared with enough evidence to prove your injury was the result of negligence by the property owner. Having an experienced lawyer on your side could help ensure you have everything you need for a successful slip and fall claim.
If you need legal assistance with your injury claim, contact a licensed Boynton Beach slip and fall lawyer at Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers for a complimentary initial consultation. Our diligent attorneys have helped our clients recover a total of over $100 million in compensation. If your claim has merit, we can help you prepare your claim to pursue the fair amount of compensation available for your situation.
Read on to learn more about how you can prepare for your slip and fall case and put yourself in a position to protect your rights to seek legal compensation.
Preparing for Your Case
When preparing for a slip and fall case, you and your lawyer can work together to obtain important documentation and other evidence to help prove your claim. Some important pieces of evidence may include:
- Injury reports – Whether your slip and fall accident occurred on a residential or commercial property, it is highly recommended you file an accident report and obtain a copy for yourself. You can either report it to the police or the business manager on a commercial property. These may help strengthen your claim when negotiating with the insurance companies involved.
- Pictures – If you are physically able and it is safe to do so, take pictures of your injuries and the accident site. Be sure to include multiple angles and focus in on any unreasonable hazards that may have contributed to your accident. Pictures can be submitted as valuable evidence to strengthen your claim.
- Video footage – Look around the accident site to see if you notice any video or surveillance cameras that may have recorded your accident as it happened. If the business or residential property does not have video cameras, check to see if there are any traffic cameras or other surveillance cameras nearby. Your lawyer may be able to assist in obtaining the video footage on your behalf.
- Medical documentation – It is of the utmost importance to retain copies of all your medical expenses, including emergency room and follow-up visits, diagnostic tests, treatments and therapies, prescriptions, medical reports, and devices needed. If your case is successful, you may be reimbursed for any past expenses related to your injury and you may be compensated for future expenses, if needed.
If you were badly injured, we recommend keeping a personal medical journal, documenting all your medical appointments and any improvements or setbacks with your condition. Take note of the times and duration of pain and suffering you endured during the recovery process. This could be used by your attorney to properly calculate the amount of compensation you may deserve.
Validating Your Case
Many injury victims may not want to pursue a slip and fall claim because they are unsure whether their case will qualify for financial compensation. This should not be a concern as many personal injury law firms offer free initial consultations to determine whether your claim is worth pursuing. The trusted attorneys at Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to take your call. You can also chat with one of our online representatives to set up your no-cost consultation.
To have a valid slip and fall case in Florida, you and your attorney must prove that the property owner was aware of or should have been aware of a dangerous condition on the premises which contributed to your injury and that he or she failed to resolve the issue. Some common dangerous conditions may include:
- Wet or polished floors
- Spilled liquid or food
- Torn rugs or carpeting
- Loose floorboards
- Inadequate lighting
- Loose or broken handrails
- Cracked or broken steps
- Loose wiring
- Debris or other obstacles on the floor
If you were injured on someone else’s property for another reason not mentioned above, we recommend contacting Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers to find out if you have a valid case. There is no risk involved because your initial consultation is complimentary. If you wait too long, you may lose your opportunity to obtain compensation.
Do Not Wait Until it is Too Late
Many slip and fall victims may not realize that injury claims must be filed within a certain time period. If you fail to file your claim on time, your case could be thrown out of court.
According to the Florida statute of limitations, injury victims have two years from the date of their slip and fall accident to file a claim. A wrongful death claim needs to be filed within two years. However, there may be certain circumstances which may cause your deadline to be sooner.
This is why it is crucial to discuss your situation with an experienced lawyer and learn the correct due date for your claim. The sooner you start the process, the more time your lawyer will have to thoroughly investigate and build a robust case in your favor.
Speak With a Knowledgeable Attorney You Can Trust
Slip and fall injury victims who hire legal representation usually have a better chance of obtaining fair settlements compared to those who choose to represent themselves. Experienced personal injury lawyers know the process and will be able to guide you through it with their help. You could be eligible for funds to cover past, present, and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages from missing work, and other expenses related to your injury.
The trusted attorneys at Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers have reviews that speak for themselves. Take a look at some of our client testimonials page to learn more about how hard we work for our clients. Our main office is located in Boynton Beach, however, our dedicated lawyers have represented clients throughout the state of Florida (by appointment only).
To make this process as easy as possible for you, we offer a free initial evaluation to determine whether you have a chance to obtain compensation. There is no obligation after discussing your situation and your information is kept completely confidential.
Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers. Ensuring justice is served. Ph: 855-800-8000